Friday, October 05, 2007

Arrival Day

Hi Folks,
Well here I am finally getting down to posting the final trip blog. Got here on Friday @ 2:30pm CST, and was extremely pleased that the trek has ended. I haven’t spent that much time on the road since I moved to Whidbey Isle in 2001. Hope to never do so again either!
Dropped off the Corvette at the mechanics in Janesville so he can check it out for the girl kid ( 45 last b’day)! That way any thing can be taken care of before she takes off in anywhere. Daughter met me there & we dumped off the van & trailer @ U-Haul ! Thank the Lord I don’t have to drive that anymore, not quite as nice as driving my own. She told me we were going ‘camping’ up north of Madison for the weekend, OK ! Got to the house with the GunRbud & he met Missy mr kids doggy girl Boxer. WOW ! They really hit it off! It was like they already knew each other & it was non-stop play tussle until we sent them to bed.
My g’son Josh has grown so much in the last 2 years it’s hard to believe. He’s @ 4”s taller &10-15lbs heavier. What a boy! Kids new house is really nice in a real far out of town area, makes it really nice & quiet. Farms all around with a golf course on the edge of town between us & town. There’s about 20-25 houses in the area with all of them fairly well dispersed, so you feel like you have a little elbow room. They seem to have plenty of space, 3 b’rooms a large living/family area and a full basement. Really nice.
We got up early on Saturday & headed off to Fairhaven, the campout area. They had rented a cabin for the weekend and there was fishing, small arms firing range of @ 40yds, baseball, soccer, Clubhouse, (Where we had some really GOOD meals), with hayrides & all sorts of things for the kids & grownups to do. I hooked up with a couple of shooters & we headed off the range area in the afternoon for some informal target/plinking practice. It was great fun. My g’son Josh had his 1st inkling that I had brought him a 22rifle of his own (my daughter asked him how he liked his new rifle, and I hadn’t yet told him).
We got up on Sunday & headed up to the clubhouse for breakfast (biscuits & gravy, YUM!), fruit, scrambled eggs ( or however you liked ‘em), biscuits & gravy (did I already mention that?). It was super. We then wandered about, Jeff, (son-in-law) joined a group for an early morning short hike, Josh wanted to go back to the shooting area, (we were out of ammo), but we had to defer that. Then early afternoon we packed up & headed back to Elkhorn. It was @ a 2 hour ride, but since I wasn’t driving I didn’t mind it.
Well folks, that about catch’s me up to Monday, everyone headed off to work & school & I’m here with the doggy dogs playin’ around & hangin’ out. Sure is nice to not be too responsible for ‘stuff’ and just be able to indulge myself with the doggies. They’re like they’ve always been together, it’s amazing.
Now maybe I’ll have some time to get my Tanfoglio racers article up to snuff and get it posted with pics.

‘Nuff for now…………….
LouG

1 Comments:

Blogger keewee said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your visit. We are off to Reno 7am tomorrow. Back on Monday.
Take care
Hugs
Keewee

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home