Monday, March 19, 2007

Falling Plate Match

Here it is monday, and I'm just getting down to the update ! The match was a HUGE success !!
We had 21 participants, and everyone got in lots of shooting time! In the round robin style match with all the people who showed up, we ended up having two groups of shooters, with the overall winner of each group in a head to head shootoff, best 3 of 5 relays!

It had pretty much came out the way I expected with AlL being tops in one group, and MrC. the topgun of the 2nd group. MrC. & "EvilAl" as he likes to say, went head to head for the Match Champion. AlL took the first two relays, and then MrC. took the 2nd two, with the final going to AlL. Was it 'close'? You Betchum!!! Cliffhanger on both sides! But, AlL with his 'no holds barred' speedstyle took the day. It's amaaaaaazing how fast those guys can shoot at times. It seems as if they had full auto rimfire pistols from the sound of it.

Myself, I was somewhere back mid pack. But, I was pleased in that I won 15 of the relays, tied 3, and only 'lost' 7. pretty good for me, considering how much of a problem(s) I had in last years matchs. Hopefully I'll do better this year, and with the change of ammo, I think I'm off to a fair start. I also (finally) found a S&W K22 6shot revolver. Seems one of the club members who no longer shoots, had it stuck away, and through casual conversation came up with it & offered it for sale ! Needless to say I "pounced" on it & am pleased to be able to add it to my gun bag. Have to get out & practice with it too !

Being that I was one of the match range officers, I didn't get any picture of it, but there are some on MrC.'s blog & Miss KiWi's blog if you're interested. I have so many irons in the fire, I can almost meet myself coming or going when I'm doing some activity. I also need to get out (another weather related discourse) and work on my Workshop/Loading shed. Still need to finish up wiring & insulating it so I can put up interior wall panels. Need a little more warm weather so I can get outside & do the stuff. Kind of hard when it's raining, windy and just plain nasty!

Well Folks, I guess that brings things up to date for the moment. The next shoot is a Falling Plate Match at North Whidbey Gunclub on saturday, then sunday is our Hanging Plate Match at Central Whidbey! WooooHoooo, more shoot time & practice! Love it!

That's it for now
Ta Taaaaaaaaaa
LouG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home