Monday, January 29, 2007

New resident at My House

well, I've gone & done it ! I was going through the classified ads the other day & an ad for Boxer puppies caught my eye. I have watched the ads just sort of out of curiosity as I in a 'previous' life had raised Boxers for about 12-15 years.

A few days went by, and I picked up the paper & was again looking in the ads and thought, "I wonder what their like"? So I called the 'phone number & talked to a very pleasant younger woman who is the owner/breeder. We had a conversation that ran on for about 30-45 minutes & I asked if she had any pics of the puppies she could send to me. OH Yeah, so I recieved the E/M and looked at this Brindle male & said to myself, "Gosh ! He looks just like my "Spanky" boy did back when I bought him in the late '60's.

I didn't reply to the E/M. I mulled it over, and thought to myself, you can't have a dog! You're going to Wisconsin for 2 or 3 months in the Fall & there's no one you should go off & leave him with. So I called my daughter & told her I was going to have to cut my visit somewhat short. She asked how long are you going to stay then. I said a week ! She "HIT" the fan & told me that was un-acceptable as she & my son-in-law & Grandson had plans for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & our birthdays, and Why was I not going to stay.

I told her I was thinking of getting a Boxer puppie & didn't want to go off & leave him for that length of time. Even though MrAl & MsRainy said they would take care of him for me. I don't want to have him away from me for that long. She immediately said, "Bring him with you"! Missy (Her Boxer) will 'LOVE' having a playmate, even if it's only for a while. I told he rno, but she was insistant. I finally agreed and we talked a little more.

After talking to my daughter, I called the lady & told her, "That's MY Doggie Boy" ! I made arrangements to meet with her & acquire said pup. Can't wait !!! I won't get him until the 7th, but I have preparations to do to make a secure & homey place for the guy.

OH! I almost forgot, here's a pic of the beautiful little guy!

Well Folks, it's just another adventure in life!

Taa Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....................

LouG

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet him. He is soooo cute!
Keewee

8:38 AM  
Anonymous GunnNutt said...

Did you get him yet? Where are the new pics?!?!?!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home